Thursday, December 2, 2010

Upgrade this!


Have you ever went to the store and just been annoyed? Sure you have. Well here’s my story of my trip to Target.

I just ran in to grab some new headphones to listen to music off my phone. Ones that won’t fall out of my ear when I run. I asked Dude #1 at the counter where do I find headphones? (note he never asked what kind and what for)

Dude #1: Those are in aisle B9.
Off I go to B9, there are multiple types and sizes. I pick two and head to the counter.
Me: So these have different types of plug ins which ones would fit my phone?
(I even show him the phone and old plugs)
Dude#1: Oh, well for a phone you need to go to aisle B12.
Off I go to B12. Target Dude #2 in aisle B12 is more than eager to help.
Dude#2: Can I help you?
Me: Sure I’m looking for headphones.
Dude#2: Oh, those are in aisle B9.
Me: (eyeroll) I was just there and was told to come here. (show him phone and old plugs)
Dude#2: Either should do, I have and IPhone (TMI)
Me: Me, yeah, well I just want earphones for MY phone so I can listen to music.
Dude#2: (walking towards aisle B9 looking at my phone) Are you up for an upgrade?
Me: No not for another year.
Dude#2: Well you need to upgrade your phone
Me: Why, it works?
Dude#2: For music?
Me: Yep, I’m not rocking out but it plays just fine.
Dude#2: Well either of those should work.
Me: But they are different sizes! Look can I open them to see if they fit?
Dude#2: No.
Me: Then can I return them if they don’t fit?
Dude#2: Yes.
Me: Find then, bye.

I mean seriously. There is a science to earphones…but it ain’t rocket science. Oh, and an upgrade. Dude step off. My phone makes calls, texts, plays music and takes pictures. That’s more than enough. See the key word is phone; as long as I can call I’m good. I don’t need apps or maps or to check in on Facebook. If I need a map I got one in the glove box. I don’t need to let people know where I am on 4 square (or whatever it’s called), the people who need to know, know! If I’m having a great time I’ll call you and tell you to get there. It’s just a phone. Simple girl, simple phone, simple. 

Oh by the way the earphone did not fit. Back to Target return.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Damn!! Everything has to be so.... "complicated" these days.

Just the other day, I was looking for earphones... and NOT the bud types, that sit in your ear old. Just PLAIN old fashioned foamy pad earphones...