Monday, November 22, 2010

Wid alla of my stuff


So a couple of weeks ago The Man and I had an um…disagreement. Since then we have not talked. Just like two very short text messages. I knew he was not happy with my um…. behavior, but I still think I was right. I might have handled the situation better. But I was getting my drink on and not thinking clearly…yea blaming it on the booze.  After almost 3 weeks of radio silence we finally talked today. Turns out, or at least this is what we agreed on; that a summer of partying like rock stars kinda drained us both. Too much togetherness is just too much. You know the whole ‘I can’t miss you if you are here all the time’ deal. So as the stars say we both needed some rehab time…. you know for exhaustion.

I suppose this is why I should not live in an always-toasty climate region. When it is warm out you just feel like you need to be ‘out there’. It becomes hard to turn down invites and you just go, go, go. Now is time for winter hibernation, time to slow it down a couple notches.

Just this short hiatus has given me a new sense of clarity. I don’t want to revert back to how I used to be with guys. Like Loretta Divine’s character ‘Somebody almost walked off wid alla of my stuff’. We are getting together for Thanksgiving. Yeah. I am thankful this didn’t turn into an all out war (it would have back in the day). I guess we are growing up. Yeah, me!

No comments: