Monday, December 13, 2010

You got a friend


 
"When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go."
Elizabeth Gilbert



So I have this ‘friend’ a guy friend. We have been friends for years. I care for him because he helped through a really tough time. Not sure that he really knows that but I won’t forget it.  Also, he is a very smart, creative and energetic guy. However, yes there is a however, he is a guy with issues. I have my own theories as to how he acquired said issues…you know ‘his heart has been broken’ blah, blah.

But that is not the point, what is the point? Recently this guy friend let me down. Don’t you just hate when a friend disappoints you. Well he is a guy so it is not that surprising. But I believed him and believed in him. He dropped the ball.

Thing is, I’m not mad, disappointed yes, mad no. There was a time when something like this would have sent me into a tailspin. I like to think this is a sign of my maturity. People will show you who they are, I always hated that saying but it is true. No matter how much you care, trust, help and give; they can only be who they are.

Not matter what I will always be his friend, that's just who I am. But I question who he is and how I miss judged his character. Bit of unsolicited advice don’t take your friendships or your relationships for granted. So if friend lets you down, that's on them. Let it go!

No comments: