Thursday, January 20, 2011

Burn baby Burn

  
Since I turned 30 I have tried to do something new each year. You know I a new adventure and on a decade year something big. In 2000 I did Ragbrai for the first time, then a 5k, 8k, Dam to Dam, bagged out, a solo bike tourblah, blah. Well now it is a decade year again, Im going to.drum roll………..Burning Man! Oh yeah! Im super excited as I have wanted to do this since I hear about it like six years ago. 


This year’s theme is Rite of Passage. My Rite of Passage began today when tickets went on sale at noon. I logged on right at noon, oh and so did like 30,000 other people! Three hours and multiple server issues later I got it, in the first tier (pricing is done in tiers). Buying Burning tickets is tantamount to buying Pearl Jam tickets back in the day. It’s a hodge podge, who ha, server crashing mess. I followed most of the commotion on facebook, everyone was having issues. I can only imagine what the line will be like to get into the place.  I feel this will be a life changing event! But that is the idea!

Now the ticket is in the mail the real planning can begin. Bagging out to Ragbrai has upped my preparedness level. A lot of the stuff I will need has already been acquired. Just need some desert necessities (already ordered and received my sand goggles). Then there is logistics. This part will be a small challenge. Getting me, my stuff, and a bike all the way to Nevada will be a task. What Ill really need is to hook up with someone who can take a first time burner under their wing. Um, yeah..Im workin on it...

Anywho I am suuuper duper excited!

1 comment:

Steph said...

That will be so cool!!! :)