Friday, February 18, 2011

My Journey.........to the burn

Just finished Love More Fear Less by John Halcyon Styn! One word- Awesome! Seriously excellent writing, thought provoking, easy read and truly inspiring. I’ve been told things come into your life as/when they are supposed to, I think that has happened here. Since I started ‘planning’ for burning man I’ve been made aware of enlightening reading/video material. Currently I’m reading the likes of Byron Katie, Jacob Glass and Rob Brezsny.

For some time now I’ve followed the Happiness Project, but it popped up when I was checking out Karpo Life Coaching after hearing about him thorough Halcyon. Whoa that’s like some full circle, small world stuff. Kinda neat. Life feels right when things start connecting.

One of my super favorite things is Hug Nation. Check it out, I highly recommend it. I’m always trying to catch the live version with the chat room there is an amazing energy present there!

Lastly I’ve been learning to meditate. I believe it does help settle me down or at least pull me back into the now. Being a planner at heart (I have 2 degrees in Planning, see 2 don't judge), I tend look past the present into the future. It’s been brought to my attention that sometimes all my planning, researching, and grand ideas of how things will be or should be just sets me up for a let down. This is true as not much can live up to the craziness in my head. So I’m working on becoming unattached to the outcome.  Living in the now, concentrating on enjoying the journey to get there and letting what happens unfold, as it will.

This journey to burning man is going to be a time of growth and discovery for me. A time to discovering a side of me that (I believe was always there) but was just chillin under the surface. I’m excited, can you tell.

1 comment:

Steph said...

great post- I'll have to check out the recommendations! sounds like ... peaceful thinkin' :)