Monday, April 4, 2011

In the now K2's are ski's


This whole living in the now, being present idea, I get. It’s not a hard concept to wrap your mind around. Putting it into practice however is whole other ball game.

Lets just take the internet. I am online, like constantly. Need info Google it, share my great day-facebook, new recipes, new books, new people…….yeah I’m still looking for the end of the net. Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah see it is so super easy for me to drift from the now moment. Even with it right here in front of me; I quickly can jump to somewhere else. A future event….look it up on the internet, a past event…the internet holds onto the memories I forget. Now the internet is not bad, well not mostly, but I need to learn to limit my time there.

The TV too. My guilty pleasures, reality television. Ok everyone needs an escape. But the news, ah, that is so frustrating. For instance last night before bed no less, they did a story about K2. A smokable form of potpourri, um the key word there is potpourri! Kid smoked this stuff and hmm…died, killed himself, whatever, parents blame K2! Hold the incense! Why, why, why is your kid smoking potpourri!??

Now the parents want it banned….you know for the safety of the kids. WTF. People you can legislate stupidity. My potpourri satchel is for refreshing my drawers not smoking. So frustrating. Now wonder our government is  so messed up….they waste valuable time dealing with crap like this.  

Now excuse me while returned to the now moment. Where things are good and stupid do not reign.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Agreed again! Not too long ago, Hyvee and Dahls had to pull Nutmeg off the shelves cuz the kids were getting high on it. They should prolly start making Tone's illegal. (sarcasm)